September 05, 2012

Homemade Hummus


Hummus has been a long time favourite dip of mine. Delicious with pita chips as well as a healthier option for a veggie dip. I'm a strong believer that everything tastes better from scratch, especially hummus! 

After some trial and error, this is my go-to hummus recipe. 

- 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed) 
- 3 cloves of garlic (or 4 for some kick)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tahini 
- half a teaspoon of cumin
- a pinch or two of cayenne pepper 
- salt and pepper 
- the juice and zest of one lemon 

Throw everything into a food processor and blend until the ingredients turn into a paste. Done!

xo

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I love the whitewashed table and burlap mats. I love hummus too. So perfect for sandwiches and for veggie dip. Sometimes if I'm feeling really fancy I throw some chipotle in for extra kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummus is one of my favourite things - so good! I will have to try your version!

    ReplyDelete