September 07, 2012

Trend Crush: Maxi Skirt

Images found here

Although I am not much of a skirt kinda girl, (dresses and denim are my go-to pieces) I recently purchased a maxi skirt that I adore. I've been wearing it with tanks and wedge sandals, however I look forward to carrying it into the cooler fall days. I love how all of these ladies have layered up their maxi skirts with sweaters, hats and scarves, as well as pairing them with booties to be seasonally appropriate (and to keep warm of course).

xo

8 comments:

  1. I love the bottom one to the left, and I'm pretty sure that awesome man named Scott Schuman took that photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren, I'll correct that link! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to turn my summer maxi's into fall looks. I have a cream colored one that literally works all year round...great investment!

    go for the glam 

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bottom left corner is fall perfection. I love the idea of maxis for fall, but right now I'm feeling anything fall. Still in that warm fuzzy tights and boots craving phase before the reality of rain and shorter days actually sets in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I am not looking forward to all of the rain! Just the idea of fall fashion :)

      Delete
  4. I am definitely loving maxi skirts lately too - especially with lots of layers for fall, like the gal in the bottom corner shot with the cozy sweater? Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am so excited for fall maxis!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love maxi skirts in summer but in my experience, they only work for fall if it's dry. The moment it rains, the hem gets soaked! (Unless you wear it was a good heal like in the upper right picture and are certain you'll keep it high above ground level.)

    ReplyDelete