The beginning of a new year always brings the feeling of a fresh start, new adventures, new goals. A time to reflect on the past as well as look forward and plan for the year ahead. I prefer to set goals rather than make resolutions, to me it is a more positive approach. This of course fits well with my love for list making, so here we go.
1. As I had mentioned in my last post, I have recently decided to change careers and go back to school for graphic design. My goal is to not hold myself back by being afraid to fail, and make school and my new career my number one priority.
2. Commit to a blog post schedule of five days a week. I'd love your help with this, what would you like to see more of? Outfit posts, recipes, editorials, home decor, photography?
3. Dress up more.
4. This one is a little cliche, but I plan to get back to working out and eating as healthy as I was in the spring. Andrew and I were running together, cooking very healthy meals and working out so much in the spring, I felt great! However, once fall came along and then the holidays, this routine has slipped.
5. Visit more museums and art galleries.
6. Save more and be smarter with spending. (Less shopping? Eek!)
7. Cook one nice meal a week and eat at the dinner table. Andrew and I started doing this in November when we both got really busy with school and work and we found it really helped with staying connected.
8. Volunteer. Something Andrew and I have been talking about for a while now, I think it's time we act on this plan.
9. Finish my gallery wall!!! I know, I know, it's been months I just need to finish it.
10. Travel. Although this plan does not apply to 2013, we do have two large trips in the works for 2014 (Australia and Africa), time to start saving!